Sunday, October 4, 2009

What is up with double standards in the media?

What I am referring to is the latest display of character by David Letterman. The late night host has for years slammed celebrities and politicians alike for immoral scandals. Well, the other night David Letterman came out and addressed his own immoral scandal. I won't say that he confessed because what he did was the farthest thing from an actual confession. I guess that I can't say that I am surprised by the fact he treated the whole ordeal as a stand-up comedy routine. The entire audience laughed as David Letterman proudly proclaimed that he had engaged in sex with subordinates in his office. I am amazed that representatives of media can slam so many people for doing the same actions they hypocritically are doing. Why do we have these people still in the media spotlight? The way I see it is that Letterman has 2 strikes on his record for stupidity in the media spotlight. 3 strikes and... you know the rest.

1 comment:

  1. I was amazed by this too, Jeff. I couldn't believe he could get away with it so easily.. ugh, it really bothered me.

    ReplyDelete