Thursday, September 17, 2009

Not so Gleefull!!!

http://musicmaven.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/glee1.jpg
Today was a sad day for me. I came to the realization that a TV program that my wife and I have been waiting to see, is a colossal disappointment. I am talking about the new TV series "Glee". This is a show that was supposed to be about a down and out glee club at a high school that spontaneously got an inspired man to lead a group of high school misfits from the depth of the unpopular to the heights of success. It sounds like it would be a good family comedy show. To my surprise, I have not gotten any of that in the first two episodes of the series. Instead, the messages I have gotten are "I want to sex you up", "Push it , Push it real good" accompanied with demonstrations of several portrayals of sexual positions, and last, but not least, ever inspirational TV series about misfit high school students needs a scene with the high school cheer team in nothing but swimsuits washing cars. I have never been so disappointed in a TV show before. Episode 3 will be my last episode. I am tired of looking at my wife and saying, " did they really just put that in there and get away with it?"

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree. What a disappointment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh :/ i'm seriously so sick of TV shows advertising themselves as one thing and then using this seemingly good storyline to slip in crap about sex and drugs and partying. I'm pretty glad i haven't made the time to watch Glee because i must say i was pretty excited to, but thanks to your review it looks like I will be having a few more hours to catch up on homework instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked so good at first....but man, it's really a terrible show. The common theme each week has been 'extreme dishonesty'. EVERYONE on that show is dishonest, it's really sickening. The songs they sing aren't even worth watching anymore.

    ReplyDelete