Thursday, April 8, 2010

A fair media? i think not.......

Today was the first day of the Master's and it was incredible. 4 people of the age of 50 or older are under par. That is just flat out amazing. It was really exciting. obviously there was a lot of talk about Tiger and his personal life. I know, and I am pretty sure everyone else in the world knows, that what he did was wrong. My question for anyone out there is why is he demonized so much? Today someone payed to have a plane fly over the Masters with a sign poking fun at Tiger and his religion. I think that was uncalled for.
I think that in all of this there really is something that people are missing. How many people can say that they did not know that Tiger Wood's was married? I am pretty sure that unless you live in an underdeveloped region of the amazon, you knew that Tiger Woods was married. So why is it that these women were so willing to do what they did? Doesn't it say something about how disturbing our society is, that so many women are so willing to be immoral with a married man? What kind of women are these and what kind of message is the press putting out there by just attacking Tiger and not going after those immoral women. Are they just victims of Tiger's masculinity and there is no way that they could have said no? The underlining issue is that it takes two to tango, as my gym coach once told me when I got in an argument with another student, and just as bad as Tiger was, those women knowingly did things with a married man. How messed up is that? Hey press how about you not be so one sided.

2 comments:

  1. Is there really even a story here? Tiger, Kobe, Magic, Clinton, John Edwards, Mark Sanford, both the previous NY governor and the current--tons of politicians, sports stars, anyone in Hollywood. This really isn't anything new! You get a little money and power and think you can get away with anything. And for the most part--you do! Kudos to Tiger's wife. I hope she divorces him. There should be some consequences. I just feel bad for their children. I do agree that what the women did was wrong, but they have little influence, power, money, etc so they aren't the story here (to the media). People cheat all the time. It's the sad truth. And there is definitely a decline in morality within our society. Every time we showcase this in the media and then take that person back we tell our children that it doesn't matter. Does anyone talk about Kobe's sex scandal anymore? I think he's making his millions and enjoying life. What about Clinton?? No one cares. And so goes society and our future generations. It's depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am glad that the media covers it. And the only reason they don't point at the women is that they don't have mega million dollar contracts. I still remember when the photos were publish with Tiger and his wife and child. I guess I was pretty naive to think that they were a happily married couple with a lucky kid. I think it's a fair story but it has gone on way too long. It's too bad that's all you heard at the Masters. And the fly-by I think that was making fun of Tiger's hipocrasy not his religion.

    ReplyDelete